Ok... so nothing much after that first post.
Now I'm thinking of just making a list of all the things i have done on ubuntu before i start making entries for them.
1. installed and setup (if any !!!) LAMP (not difficult at all)
2. installed wine and using Dreamweaver and uTorrent
3. installed extra compiz plugins
4. installed AWN and screenlets
5. installed kde4 then removed it, installed kde3.5 and xfce4 as well
5. started using phpmyadmin much later and found that it was not working... therefore needed some work. For some silly reason, that took time... but got there in the end.
6. setup loads of aliases and used the .bash_aliases file instead of everything being inside .bashrc
7. downloaded and install VirtualBox (required some work)
8. downloaded and installed dnsmasq and mydnsconfig (required a lot of work... stayed up whole night to make it work)
9. installed sun-java and netbeans
10. installed openoffice 3 in ubuntu hardy manually since it wasnt supported
11. installed python 2.6 for no reason whatsoever and ended up messing my python 2.5. Fixed that somehow using this link. used the "update-alternatives" command. Also used this command to fix my Java soft links which had gotten messed up due to some more mess ups on my part
12. installed 64-bit edition of ubuntu hardy. also installed openSuse11 64-bit and Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
Had installed fedora9 as well, but removed it in favour of the 64bit ubuntu hardy.
13. installed ubuntu tweak and google earth on ubuntu hardy 64bit as well as skype with some manipulation of 32bit libs with a script i found on ubuntuforums (need to find a link to that how-to desperately, if i dont have it with me)
14. downloaded loads of themes and general look & feel stuff. around 350MB of it :)
15. downloaded and customized the cairo dock
16. created virtualhosts for apache and made localhost/~username accessible